Warranty Period and Target Audience Terms
At Mario, we take great pride in the quality and durability of our products. We’re confident that you will be impressed as well, and we stand behind all of our products. Every bike we sell is covered by a limited warranty against Manufacturer Defects, subject to exclusions noted herein.
Subject to certain limitations, new products purchased directly from Mario are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship (“Manufacturer Defects”) for one (1) year from the date of purchase or delivery date, whichever is later (“Warranty Period”). Replacement parts used in warranty repairs will be warranted for the balance of the applicable Warranty Period.
This warranty is not transferable in any way and may not be exercised by anyone other than the original retail buyer (“Customer”) of the Products. Customers will be required to furnish the original receipt of purchase when filing a claim under this warranty.
As part of its New Bike Guarantee, Mario will provide full replacement of any defective parts/components with free shipping within the first 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, the Customer is responsible for all return shipping costs to Mario. This warranty applies only to Products, parts, and components manufactured, assembled, and sold as new by Mario. The following components are covered under this warranty against Manufacturer Defects:
SHIPPING DAMAGE CLAIMS
Upon receipt, the Customer should immediately inspect the Products for damage. Freight damage claims can be extremely time-sensitive, and therefore, Mario will not accept freight damage claims later than 10 days from the Customer’s receipt of the Product. The Customer should note any damage to the Products on the Bill of Lading before the shipment is accepted. The Customer should also document any damage with photographs, and date the images whenever possible. Furthermore, the Customer should keep all packaging and paperwork until the inspection process is complete.
Damage claims must be reported to Mario within 10 days of delivery. Please contact the Customer Support team for return/replacement instructions.
WHAT’S NOT COVERED
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the Products. Furthermore, this warranty will not cover any damage resulting from the abuse or neglect of the Products. Examples of abuse and neglect include, but are not limited to:
1. Racing or competition use, modification of original parts, abnormal strain.
2. Water damage.
3. Lack of proper maintenance, installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Mario parts (“Incompatible Parts”)
4. Use of lubricants that are not suitable for e-bike use.
5. Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, road hazards, or operation on surfaces, such as stairs, not intended for conventional e-bike use; damage from external factors such as salt air or saltwater, bird droppings, or chemicals.
6. Commercial applications, such as transporting cargo, delivering newspapers, and rentals.
7. A temporary decrease in power or distance that can be traveled on a single battery charge, as described in the Owner’s Manual, due to operating conditions such as ambient temperatures, load, inclines, frequent starting and stopping, and normal system-protection functions, as well as the temperature-related performance of the battery charger.
8. Normal deterioration, including the gradual decrease of battery capacity over the warranty period as long as the battery capacity is still 50% or more of the initial capacity before the warranty expiration and the total number of battery charging cycles is 200 or less. Other normal deterioration includes natural fading of painted or plated surfaces, and cosmetic ozone or weather cracking in tires.
Any non-warranty work done concurrently with a warranty repair/replacement will be subject to ordinary parts/labor fees.
The following are circumstances that will void this warranty:
- Products that have been lent, leased, or rented commercially.
- Damage incurred due to the use of a third-party battery charger.
- Loss or damage incurred due to the Customer choosing their own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service.
- Products that have been altered without the approval of Mario.
- Products with alterations or additions of non-original or Incompatible Parts.
- Damage to or failure of Products resulting from weather or excessive wear and tear.
- Theft, robbery, vandalism, incidental, consequential, or intentional damage, as well as damage resulting from the Customer’s abuse or neglect of the Product.
- Products that have been used or transported improperly (e.g., exceeding maximum weight recommendation).
- Products with damage resulting from improper maintenance (e.g., storing a battery fully discharged over the winter).
- Products with an electrical component that has been opened, altered, partially or completely disassembled, except by Mario or their authorized service providers.
- Products that have been disassembled in a manner not authorized by Mario or that have had repairs attempted by anyone not authorized by Mario.
- Products that have been damaged due to improper adjustment or maintenance.
The Customer is responsible for ensuring that Products are properly operated, maintained, and stored as specified in the Owner’s Manual. The Customer must notify Mario of all apparent defects to the Products within 10 days of discovery. In submitting a warranty claim, the Customer must provide specifics of any apparent defects, including photos and supporting evidence, as requested. Failure to provide information or other details as requested may result in a warranty claim being denied.
Mario is not responsible for providing a box or packing materials for shipping if any parts need to be returned to Mario as part of the Warranty Claims Process. Mario is not liable for any loss resulting from the transport of Products to Mario under a warranty claim. Therefore, it is highly recommended that the Customer obtain insurance to cover the replacement cost when shipping Products back to Mario.
If it is suspected that any Product is defective, do not attempt to repair or replace it yourself or to have it repaired or replaced before contacting Mario directly — doing so may invalidate the warranty and may cause additional damage, not necessarily limited to the Products at issue. Furthermore, such action may create the risk of injury or death.